Monday, September 29, 2008

The Birthday Girl

I woke up this morning to some wonderful birthday greetings from friends and family. Thank you all so much for sending good wishes and your love this way. Here is the birthday girl getting ready to share her mocha cake with Bryan, sitting on the 3rd floor terrace of a pastry shop we love. I don't even know the name of the place but it overlooks the street that runs into the Jardin, Calle San Francisco. Below us we could hear the ankle bells and drums of the Indian dancers who were celebrating in front of the Parroquia.

My birthday is special because it coincides with the celebration of the city's patron saint, San Miguel, which includes plenty of fireworks, parades and other festivities over the next week. With this in mind, I would like to share this beautiful video, San Miguel de Allende: The Heart of Mexico, which I just saw today. It is the one presented earlier this year to UNESCO, along with tons of documentation, to secure World Heritage status for San Miguel de Allende. www.terrazassanmiguel.com/heart_of_mexico.html Enjoy.

No comments: