Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Moment -- San Miguel Style

I am in awe of this man's intellect and ability to give that moving address extemporaneously. I didn't see a teleprompter, did you? What a beautiful man and an inspirational leader.

San Miguel streets were almost empty at 11am as residents congregated around any place with a large flatscreen. We chose Juan's Cafe Etc and it was a full house.

Mama Mia's had an overflow into the street.
And Milagros was home to the Democrats Abroad and several large screens.
Today I am full of hope for our country and love for the wonderful people who braved the freezing early morning weather on the mall. I'll never hear My Country 'Tis of Thee (or maybe it is called America) again without thinking of Aretha's performance today. She still has it! And hopefully so do we.

1 comment:

jooliej2000 said...

There is a new feel in the air... and it is not springtime yet. It is OBAMA time. I am so happy that there is enthusiasm all over the world. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and pictures.