Monday, February 16, 2009

Hot Air Balloon Surprise

I opened my eyes yesterday morning and this is what I saw from bed...a hot air balloon peering in our window.

I went to the roof and shot this photo of the balloon sinking over the central square for a spectacular view of the Parroquia, the pink spires in the middle left of the photo below. (Click the photo to enlarge it for a better view.)
Speaking of good views, for the time being we have this splendid and newly improved view of the city. Our neighbor was having a boundary dispute and ended up removing a large tree which blocked our view of the church spires and the second domed church in a direct line behind it. We just learned that the property has been sold and will most likely soon sprout a big house to block our city view, but for the time being we are enjoying it.

This is what the Parroquia looks like from ground level.

No comments: