We drove to the Bali Hai Hotel and went out on their snorkel raft, the Liki Tiki. Snorkeled for an hour and saw splendid coral. Pretty fish, too, but the coral was the nicest I’ve seen. Clams were florescent blue, purple and pink inside and buried in the coral. When I swam by they would close up until only a strip of bright color showed.
Sat in the sun then showered, ate a whole pineapple and checked out of the hotel. Drove back along some of the more scenic parts of the island to get a few more photos.
Note the flower in my hair; I went tropical.
Flew back to the Papiete airport to catch the Pan Am flight to LAX!That's the end of this trip but just 6 months later we returned to Afghanistan and had more adventures. If you have read this far I thank you for joining me as I told our story.
No comments:
Post a Comment