L-R around the table: Ron, Ros, Dick, Trish, Bryan, Larry, Victor
(I took the pictures so I'm not in this)
(I took the pictures so I'm not in this)
As a special treat, Doc Severinsen, who lives in San Miguel, joined Gil and Cartas which made for an splendid evening of energetic jazz. For anyone under a certain age, Doc was Tonight Show host Johny Carson's bandleader/musical director and foil for 25 years.
Gil Gutierrez, Pedro Cartas, Doc Severinsen
But wait, the evening wasn't over after the two sets. Stephanie suggested we go hear Benjamin, an entertaining guitarist in a nearby bar who sings Mexican ballads with a folksy, sing-along style.
Bryan took this picture and it seems that he wasn't focusing on the guitarist. Oh, well, probably a camera problem. When we left at 1:30 the crowd was growing and going strong.
1 comment:
My parents bar hopping? Well I never!
Post a Comment