Sunday, September 12, 2010

Apr. 25-30, 1978 - Australia

Slept on the plane – a Quantas 707 – arriving early to a rainy Sydney.  Airport formalities went smoothly and although it was 6am they could book us in a hotel and deliver us to the door.  We stayed in Kings Cross.  The hotel had a nice double bed so we checked in and slept for a few more hours, this time stretched out flat, rather than airplane sleeping position
Spent a pleasant week in Sydney – we liked it more each day.  Saw several movies – they have one theater with 7 cinemas!  We saw Star Wars, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Annie Hall and Looking for Mr. Goodbar.  All were good in my opinion except the last.  Annie Hall was the best movie I had seen in ages, perhaps because I hadn’t seen one in at least 3 years.

We learned the bus system but enjoyed walking. One day we walked around the Sydney Opera House and the Botanic Gardens which made a pleasant day. 

Ate at McDonalds and bought glasses to replace my stolen pair.  (We were so desperate to see movies that I actually watched the first two without glasses until the pair I ordered came in.)

 We took a harbor tour and an all-day bus tour to see some sweet Koalas.
 
On May 1st we got up early and flew to Christchurch, NZ.

1 comment:

MM said...

Wow its amazing the similarity of our koala photos. I'm shocked I've never seen this photo of you, its my new favorite!