Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Finally, house pictures

When we started this project 3 years ago we had no idea what it would involve; we only knew that we loved being in San Miguel and we wanted a comfortable place to return to each time. We got what we wanted.


It is a 2 bedroom, 3 story home in the colonial style, with a garage for the Suzuki, in an out of the way neighborhood with a view of the city center and the lake and hills beyond. It began as a simple open-air 3 room house on two stories covering the entire lot. We first saw it with our friends, Anna and Milton, and we were a bit overwhelmed.  We brought our friend and a architectural "engineer", Alfredo, up to the highest point and asked him what he thought.  He said definitely and I am so glad he agreed to remodel it for us.  Just because he spoke no English and I had only some words in Spanish at the time didn't mean we couldn't make it work.

I would say we are about 2/3 through with it but basically it is finished. There are walls we want to paint and some more lighting fixtures to put up and a few more pieces of furniture we want. The stairwell glass covering still leaks. Good thing it is a tiny house!

3 comments:

MM said...

Wow, that is fantastic! The slideshow is great. Cant wait to see it in person!

Jen Harris said...

I LOVE it!!! Please promise that you will leave this house to Mel and ME! :) It is goregous!

jooliej2000 said...

What a great compilation of photos. It tells a nice story. Things are good here. It feels like fall more each day. Today the rain will come. Jacob is so happy to have a car. I am off to work.

Take care